As a trainer and consultant specialising in international strategy and marketing, my focus is on providing assistance to organisations seeking to exploit international trade opportunities.
I am retained by UK Trade & Investment and British Chambers of Commerce to provide training and mentoring on export development programmes including Passport to Export and Gateway to Global Growth, delivered to companies and trade advisers across the UK.
Projects I have undertaken include:
- Delivery of international trade workshops on behalf of UK Trade & Investment, the Institute of Export, International Business Wales and various UK Chambers of Commerce, including Birmingham, Liverpool, North East, Herefordshire & Worcestershire, Derbyshire & Nottinghamshire
- Consultancy projects to determine export market opportunities and develop on-going strategy for high growth companies targeting ICT, environment, financial services and education sectors
- Development and delivery of Standard and Advanced versions of the ‘International Preparedness Programme’, a series of export development modules for SMEs in the Highlands & Islands (HIE) region of Scotland; also training HIE Account Managers in international trade issues
- External advice, consultancy and mentoring in export marketing issues for a wide range of SMEs in the West and East Midlands and in Wales
- Health informatics sector market selection & research project for Medilink West Midlands
- Market report on renewable energy opportunities for companies in the EU and India